Tuesday, March 22, 2011

On the Road to Gulmi Poem

The Goat goes on the roof
Children Doing homework

Our Jeep that safely delivered us

Lunch Stop

Women Working in the Field
On the Road to Gulmi        
The Road is Steep
The views are more than breathtaking
It is the long journey I take

On the Road to Gulmi        
The narrow edge draws my eye
Treacherous and deadly
Our driver does not flinch

On the Road to Gulmi        
People wave and we stop to chat
Sometimes They stare at me
It is with curiousity I know
I wonder What will I find at Bharse

On the Road to Gulmi        
It is just a short way now
Over another mountain
How far away it seems
From my home

On the Road to Gulmi        
We spy the village it is perched on the mountain side
Beautiful and peaceful
People are waiting
For me?

The welcome is overwhelming
They shower me with blessings
Covered with garlands
I feel in adequate

It is not I that deserves this welcome
It is all that have said go
You know who you are
I hope I can share this with you
You too are covered with garlands

The Assembly at Bharse Valley

High School students taking exam
Being Honored by student

Tika Ceremony
Explaing the Sister School Independent Day School Project

Tesselation Mural from IDS

Third Grade Mural IDS
 FYI the goat ended up in the back seat, Rob

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful Poem.
    I loved it and it made me happy. I feld what you where feeling. I saw what you where seeing. It feld as if I where there.
    Thank you for sharing and bringing the Nepal world closer to us.
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete