Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nepal New Years Fundraiser

 

Taylor is an amazing young lady who has helped raise money for the school lunch program in Nepal by designing this T shirt, based on art from a student in Nepal.  Here is her story.


Hello, my name is Taylor Wooldridge. I am a 5th grader at Independent Day School. I met Mr. Rowen and Hemu when they came to a Monday Morning Meeting at my school to talk about the work they have done in Nepal. After hearing their words, I decided I wanted to take action. As a part of 5th grade, we have to do an exhibition project which incorporates global issues with our learner profiles. I thought it would be a great project to extend the fundraising efforts of the Global Action Coalition. I sent some art supplies to Nepal with Mr. Rowen so that the children could do original artwork. He brought back several pictures. I chose the picture that best represented Nepal and its culture. I put the picture on t-shirts and I am selling them to raise money for the children in Nepal. This cause is very important to me. The proceeds from this t-shirt will provide a lunch program and all the necessary school supplies these children need. I am so fortunate to be able to get an education. I would like to remind you that a little bit goes a long way in Nepal. For instance $20.00 can feed a child for 6 months! Please help me support this great cause by purchasing a t-shirt.

If you would like to order a T shirt please visit Global Action Coaliton's web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment