Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nepal New Years Fundraiser

After watching a presentation about the Global Action Coalition, the students of Admiral Farragut Academy raised $758.06 during their "Change for Change Campaign".  Rob explained how this money would be used to help the school children in Nepal, the middle school students were then asked to write how they felt. 

This touching statement was written by Jack, a 6th grader at Admiral Farragut:

"I felt guilty because we have all this stuff we take for granted and their kids may not get one pair of shoes until they're teens. It made me want to help them more. I wanted to take part in the Global Action Coalition. I wanted to be able to give them pens/pencils and notebooks or text books. I wanted not to give them something that would last them a month or two, but to give them something that would last through their life. I wanted to give them the one thing that when they were thirty they could look back and remember I gave it to them. I wanted to give them an education. I wanted them to be able to learn just the way everyone at Farragut does."

No comments:

Post a Comment